Monday, February 4, 2013

Bit by the Bug, Ugh!

So, How you been?  I'm sorry I've been out of commission for a little bit.  I've been so sick!  Today is the first day I feel like I have a little something in me to do a few things.  This is going to be short and sweet though. 
Question:  When you are sick and not feeling well, what is your go-to drink or food that you like?  For my mom it is always banana popsicles.  I think it is odd, but she loves them for when she's down with a bug and not feeling well. 
I don't think I really have a go-to thing that seems to soothe or taste good really.  Here is what I had when I was forcing myself to eat something, since I didn't have much of an appetite. 
I made oatmeal.  I topped it with 1/2 a sliced banana, some brown sugar and a small handful of chopped pecans.  With a side of Zinc, Vitamin C and Motrin of course!  Oh, and don't forget the coffee or hot tea (I kept going back and forth).
For lunch I made a green smoothie to get some nutrition in me with lots of water and hot tea with honey.  Later I ate a bowl of lime sherbet and that really hit the spot!
For dinner I heated up some chicken soup that my friend and neighbor brought over, because you can't really ever feel better without some chicken soup, right?
I'm so thankful for it being a nice weekend.  My kids had a birthday party next door all day on Saturday and played outside all day on Sunday.  My hubby has been a saint, even though he's been sleeping on the couch so he doesn't get sick, he has been helping whenever and wherever he can.  I pray none of you get this nasty bug/virus that bit me!  Stay healthy!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm sorry you're sick. When I'm sick I love Ramen. I won't go near it when I'm not sick, but when I'm sick it's all I want. I also warm up warm water with honey, fresh ginger and honey. Feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! I'll have to try your "tea," that sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete