Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Peanut Butter and Buffalo... The world is happy :)

I have always used my slow cooker alot, but it seems like any more that this is really getting a work out!  This weekend we stayed in a hotel suite with my parents down on The Strip.  To help save time and money on food, I took along 2 of the freezer meals I had made a few weeks ago.  They turned out great and it was so nice not to have to worry about dinner.  They were also GF meals which made it even better for me!  I made another one last week and it was so good!  Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches, they were a huge hit!  For me, I ate it over a little rice and it was still just as good.  :) 

This was my hubby's plate with a sandwich, veggie cup
and peanut butter ball :)
I made these sandwiches for my hubby and his buddy when they were working on his truck.  I cut up celery and carrots to put in a cup with ranch dressing on the bottom (This was good for their grimy hands and would be great for kids or parties too!). 
Then I tried another new recipe... Peanut Butter Balls.  Oh. My. Goodness.  This delicious ball of goodness is my new best friend (well, not to my butt!)  Anyone that knows me, knows that peanut butter is my weakness.  I love it in any way on or in anything. In fact I have a pinterest board devoted to only peanut butter called Peanut Butter is Food Group. I was watching Trisha Yearwood's cooking show and she was making these and I thought they sounded wonderful.  So I made a batch.  Then 3 days later I made another.  They are that good.  Super easy and, yes my friends, GF!  So, anyone else love peanut butter as much as me??

Sorry for the blurry photo, it wasn't
uploading right, but here they are!
Peanut Butter Balls
Ingredients
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
  • 1/2 white corn syrup
  • 2 cups crunchy peanut butter (I didn't have crunchy peanut butter, so I used 1 1/2 cups of creamy peanut butter and chopped up 1/2 cup of peanuts)
  • 4 cups rice cereal
Directions
In a large saucepan, stir the sugar and the syrups together over medium heat. Remove from the heat and quickly add the peanut butter, continuing to stir until the mixture is fully combined. Add the rice cereal and mix well. Shape the mixture into palm-size balls with your hands. Transfer to waxed paper. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment