As I'm trying out some of these ways and dabbling in some of these recipes, it's fun trying new things. Baking this way is especially tricky. So many things call for banana and I like bananas, but a girl can only mash up so many in a week. But, it is a great binder, sweetener and flavor for some great recipes.
|The Perfect Bite|
Flourless Peanut Butter and Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
(From Inspired Edibles)
Directions:Heat oven to 325 F
- Using a simple hand mixer, food processor or blender, mix together peanut butter, banana and vanilla until well combined and smooth.
- Add egg and maple syrup or honey and mix to combine.
- Mix in dark chocolate chips by hand with the help of a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Place mixture in fridge for about 20 minutes to allow it to firm slightly.
- Place parchment paper over a baking sheet and gently brush or spray the paper with olive oil.
- Drop peanut butter cookies onto sheet by rounded tablespoons allowing room between the cookies (they will expand and puff up somewhat). Add another chip or two to the top of each cookie.
- Place cookies in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on a rack for a few minutes before enjoying!