We are just about half way through summer break. Whew! I love my children very much, but after so many days together the bickering and fighting kicks in. I tried to be proactive this time and be better planned out. I decided to very loosely make theme weeks. We had a VBS/mail fun week, science and space week, Outdoors week and this week has been flower week. We missed one week somewhere in there. I've tried to gather craft ideas to have a day at home to play, an outing and a food to tie together and maybe a few others depending on the week or day. It's been fun trying out new things and the kids have enjoyed having a few things that are out of the ordinary to try too. Here's some of the things we've made!
from The 36th Avenue
- ½ Cup Warm Water
- 1 Tb Borax
- 1 Tb of Cornstarch
- 2 Tb White Liquid Glue
- Food coloring
- Optional: Disposable rubber gloves.
- In a cup mix the warm water and the borax.
- In another cup mix the glue, cornstarch, and food coloring.
- Pour the glue mixture into the water-borax cup.
- The glue mixture will harden after 10 seconds; use a fork to take it out of the water. If the glue mixture is still sticky, squish it with your hands and dip it back in the water.
- Roll the mixture in your hands to make a ball. The more you handle the mixture the firmer it will become.
- You are done!